Our stomach lining or mucosa has various glands that produce the stomach acids and various acids and other compounds and these are strong enough that these can damage your stomach. To protect itself, stomach lining produces the mucus which fights with the stomach acids to neutralize them. In the condition of gastritis, mucus lining gets inflamed so the patient may feel uneasy, uncomfortable throughout the day and even painful and weakness can also be there in this condition. This condition can be reversed with proper care and treatment but before that, it is important to understand the main causes and symptoms of this condition of the stomach.
Only and the only root cause of this condition of the stomach is the unhealthy eating means excessive consumption of alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, acidic foods, sour, spicy or some white flour products can lead to gastritis condition.
However, conditions like stress, anger and excessive exposure to heat can also lead to the inflammation of the mucus of the stomach so cause gastritis.
During this condition, the patient may feel the following conditions
- Abdominal pain
- Dark stools
- Loss of appetite
Ayurvedic Chronic Gastritis Treatment
With the Ayurvedic treatment, this condition of the stomach can be reversed. As per the Ayurvedic defining of gastritis condition, it is caused by the aggravation of pitta dosha and is known as Urdhvaga Amla Pitta. This dosha happens due to improper eating habits and due to the excessive addiction to alcohol or tobacco. This dosha impairs the digestive fire of body so result into improper digestion of food and production of toxins. These toxins or Ama become heating in nature to increase the level of gases in the stomach so lead to the gastritis condition.
In the Ayurveda, herbal based medications can restore the digestive fire of stomach and reduce the aggravated Pitta as a result of which patient get relief from this ailment.
Apart from this, some adequate changes in the lifestyle and diet can also help to tackle the situation up to a great extent
- Fasting for one or two days can help to control the situation
- Warm water, juicy fruits like grapes, apple and melons should be taken more in this condition
- Stay away from processed and fermented foods
- It is good to do some exercise daily in such condition
- Avoid spicy junk food
- Drink plenty of water as it can flush out toxins and can give you some relief.
- Ginger can help you to get rid of this gastritis condition as you can chew ginger pieces with salt before every meal to get relief.
- One glass of buttermilk mixed with a pinch of roasted cumin seeds and dried ginger powder with breakfast and lunch can help you to get relief.
- A mixture of 2 tablespoons of coriander leaves juice with the pinch of rock salt in water can also help you to get out from this condition. For better results, you should consume this twice a day
- Take south, kalimirchi or black pepper, pippal or long pepper in the quantity of 6 gm each and then grind all these and mix 2 gm rock salt and 1 gm of asafetida. Make a paste of this mixture powder by mixing few drops of water and apply on the stomach to get relief.