Joint pain has not remained the problem of only septuagenarians as the people of all age groups are complaining about the joint pain due to modern sedentary lifestyle. Painful joints can bound anyone and stop him to perform even the regular activities comfortably.
Ayurveda is India’s traditional healing system which is originated 5 thousand years ago and it is a holistic healing system based on some useful herbs, plants, and traditional therapies. Ayurveda is boon for the people who are unable to walk or perform routine activities due to joint pain. Following are some methods to get relief from joint pain as per Ayurvedic approach
What does Ayurveda believe?
Ayurveda believes that joint pain is caused due to the Vata Dosha due to which person may feel difficulty in performing his day to day activities and even this dosha disturbs the discipline of person’s life. Joint pain of each person is different from the others so according to Ayurveda there is need to know the Prakriti or nature of each joint pain with proper diagnosis. Even the treatment of each joint pain is different from other and is designed according to Prakriti of pain. However, according to Ayurveda beliefs, having the active routine and doing some exercise or walk is quite essential to prevent any kind of joint pain.
Some common Ayurvedic herbal remedies for joint pain
- Ashwagandha is the most common herb which is used for reducing joint pain. This Winter cheery of West India has a lot of therapeutic properties that help the person to get relief from joint pains.
- Banyan tree has also its medicinal value that can be helpful for relieving pain. This tree has sap of rubber type and is known as latex, this latex is applied to the joints and after a few minutes’ people feel relief from pain.
- Garlic is also beneficial for joint pain as 5-6 cloves of garlic can reduce the knee pain.
- Ginger is also beneficial for you if you are having joint pain so it can be added to your cuisines of daily meals so that you can get relief from pain.
- Turmeric is the most common spice of Indian kitchens and its anti-inflammatory properties can help you to get relief from any type of joint pain. It can be taken with hot milk or with Luke warm water to get relief from pain.
Some common Ayurvedic home remedies for joint pain
- To have temporary relief from the stiffness of joints you can try cold and hot compressions. Het compression can reduce your pain by improving the blood circulation and even can reduce the swelling of muscles so ultimately person can have some relief from pain. If you using cold therapy then it can reduce the inflammation of joints and can help you to get rid of painful joints.
- The healthy diet can help you to have the healthy body so add some leafy vegetables, seasonal fruits in your diet to get relief from pain. Moreover, it is important to limit your intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet to get relief from joint pain.