Back Pain: Ayurvedic Treatment, Facts, & Management Tips
The back is divided into different sections; the lower section, the midsection, and the upper section. All these sections are liable to pain, however, lower back pain (lower section) is the most predominant of all.
From the Ayurvedic perspective, Sciatica is another type of back pain and generally springs from the sciatica nerve.
Common Causes of Back Pain You Must Know
A number of factors can trigger back pain and among these we have;
- Age Advancement
- Spine Conditions
- Poor Posture
- Injuries & Accidents
How Is Back Pain Ayurvedically Treated?
There are a series of holistic therapeutic approaches followed to treat back pain in a natural way. These treatment approaches may involve a combination of ways that basically fall in therapeutic oils, massaging. herbal medicines, exercises, and lifestyle changes.
The various back treatment approaches include; Kati Basti, Abhyangam, Pizhichil, Kizhi, Sneha Basti to mention but a few.
The treatment approaches are prescribed as per the cause of back pain, severity, and the symptoms.
A patient is initially subjected to a diagnostic phase where the doctor identifies the exact cause of pain and its location. The symptoms highly guide the doctor during this phase.
In case required, the doctor may require an X-ray, or an MRI to ascertain the exact source of pain.
Back Pain Management Tips
- Avoid sitting for a long period of time
- Pay attention to your sitting posture
- Exercise as recommended
- Eat warm foods
- Herbal supplements can also help treat and alleviate back pain
The Success Rate of Treating Back Pain With Ayurveda
Back pain generally springs from the compression of the nerves and bones. There are generally various risk factors that can lead to back pain in all age groups and genders. Lumbar Spondylosis is one of the commonest back problems and it affects the lower spine.With this condition, the space between the discs in the lumbar spine becomes narrowed, which triggers pain, numbness, and tingling. Other related back issues that people struggle with include; bone spurs, osteoarthritis, herniated discs, and bulging discs.
Since back pain is caused by various factors, a proper diagnosis and an effective treatment approach can help offer relief and eliminate the underlying back issue.
At Dr. Sharda Medilife Ayurveda hospital, we take every effort to carefully examine, diagnose, and treat back pain effectively. A number of our patients have obtained the desired results in the shortest time possible.
We offer several medicinal alternatives that are prescribed to improve every back problem in case the former fails to offer the required results. Our patients enjoy customized therapies and specialized care that help to increase the success rate of our back pain treatments.
We also provide several treatments that you can use on a regular basis to reduce the risk of back pain in the future.
How do Ayurvedic doctors diagnose back pain?
Mainly problem of back pain has been diagnosed on the basis of its symptoms as discussed by you with doctor and your physical examination. In Ayurveda holistic approach has been practiced in which you have to undergo nadee pareeksha which helps to examine your various physiological functions. In some cases x-rays, ct scans and MRI also helps the doctors to diagnose your back pain.
Are there any Ayurvedic therapies for curing back pain?
Yes along with herbal medicines some physical therapies are also recommended to the back pain patients to give best treatment.
• Abyangam is the therapy in which full top to toe massage has been done with Ayurvedic oils to lubricate the joints and to improve blood circulation so that patient can get relief
• In therapy kati basti specially formulated warm herbal oil is poured on lower back of patient which is retained inside the black gram paste or whole wheat flour to help the patient
• Pizhichil is the therapy that helps in improving muscle tone and strengthens them to give relief. In this therapy warm medicated oil is squeezed on body of patient from the piece of cloth that has been kept in medicated oil containing vessel
• In it powders, herbs, rice and sand is tied in a muslin cloth for making satchels and then heated and pounded over the body to give relief and many other therapies are also available to help patients.
Is it costly treatment?
No, Ayurvedic treatment is safe, best and cost effective for patients